Monday, February 8, 2010

Thank God for days off..

Well last night was the Superbowl and the Saints won. My pick. Good for them. They deserve it. Hopefully this will be the light to shine the way to the future for New Orleans. But that's not why I picked them. That is just the bonus of winning. I think they really worked all year long and they were the underdog. Colts have a strong team but they are cocky. They have been in the spotlight of championships and Superbowls. Can't be too cocky that's when you slip up and make mistakes.

We texted a little bit just about the Superbowl and then spoke for a little while after the game. He said he would wake me up in the morning and he did. He is supposed to come ove rtoday but it's 3pm and I still haven't heard from him. I don't know if he will show up since he hasn't shown his face yet. Unless he plans on sleeping over then he might come down. I could have had lunch with Jeff as he wanted to but I was holding out that John was going to come over. Oh well. I promised Jeff that we would do lunch tomorrow. I plan on holding up my end of the deal. It's not fair to stand him up. I should have just gone today and thought about it later.

I have been planning for both the Valentine's Day party and Iyishia's baby shower. The party is this Friday at Ariel's school. I have lollipops to make. I keep on putting it off because I don't really have a place to store them and don't want them to melt in the house. I found loose sweetheart candies for their game. They will take chopsticks and try to gather as many sweetheart candies as they can in a minute using chopsticks. This should be fun. i have to think of another game to play to keep these little monsters occupied for an hour and some odd minutes. I will have them make valentine cards for their parents if they haven't done so already. They will exchange their valentines and play a couple games. Pretty simple. As for another game...we have the who said that game. I have to write the scenarios though  because when put on the spot i will forget. It is also something that I can pass the reins over to someone else. I guess 2 games are ok plus tell the story of Cupid and St Valentine. St Valentine is a little morbid but oh well. He died a martyr. I found a nicer story. Still has an  execution at the end but a lighter story.

I got the stickers for the Hershey's kisses for Iyishia's baby shower today. They are so cute! Now I have to buy some more kisses. There are alot of stickers I forgot how many I ordered! It's ok candy wont go to waste. This is the perfect time to buy the chocolates because after Valentine's Day the pink and red candys will be half price and I will clean up cheaply. I have all the stuff for the capias except for the quarters or dimes. I have to go to the bank and get a roll of quarters. I think they will look better than dimes. Big and bold! I can start making those too...this is fun. I should be a party planner! I would have a blast. Maybe I can have a small bakery and a party planning business! That would be ideal. I would be on cloud nine if I could spend my life baking and shopping for parties.

Well its almost 4pm and time to go get Ariel...let's see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment