Monday, February 15, 2010

Spring cleaning time

Well today is the first day of my 5 days off and while it started off in bed. I can never get enough sleep and i think it's my own fault. On the weekdays when Ariel is in school, i return to bed for a few hours because I am up so late at night. Not sleeping. So then when I must sleep, I cannot get to bed. So I have made my own fate and don't know how to fix it. Well I know how to fix it but i don't want to. I want to have a life. And having a life means being up past 8:30pm. i need a sleep routine though. I should really start taking my medicine earlier and getting to bed at somewhat decent hour.

We have begun spring cleaning. I started in the kitchen but it's nto done. I need to seriously get into the cabinets and look for stuff that is old and needs to be thrown out past expiration dates. And there is stuff there that has been there for years that we are obviously never gonna eat. I found rice a roni that was there forever that I actually was going to eat at my client's house and when I got it there it had moths and worms in it. I guess they are nesting in the food we don't eat. Needless to say it was GROSS and so I really need to go through the cabinets and throw out anything that doesn't come in a sealed plastic container or that has been bought recently. The middle living room is clean and I am quite proud of it since even my basket that sits next to the couch that manages to catch all the miscellanous crap is gone and waiting til I get upstairs and clean up there. THere has to be a mountain of paper stuff, mail, junk mail and crap that needs to be filed and sorted through and thrown out. I brought all that stuff upstairs only because i can bring the garbage can up with me and file as I sort and throw things right out. I have to buy a desk organizer for the crazy insane amounts of office supplies that are everywhere. I need like a pencil cup and a paper clip holder etc all the stuff that holds office supplies. I need a true desk too so I can put all the thousand note pads and ledgers in the drawers. I think that is gonna be the next thing I buy. It should only be like $100 for a simple desk.

The front room is pretty much clean but I have to go through the drawer chest and see what the hell is in there. I have no idea what is in those drawers! The cookies are still lined up and all my art supplies are neatly stacked. That's another thing I need to organize my art supplies. I need a bunch of those plastic rolly polly things to organize my stuff so I don't have to dig everytime I need something. I found the modge podge though and I started to glue my puzzles. Tomorrow the first 3 should be done. Then i will hang those up and continue. I have 2 more of Ariel's and then like 4 more of mine. That should be nice to decorate the walls. The puzzles are big enough that it will be regualr picture size. And much cheaper than buying prints. I can't believe I did all those puzzles over the summer. Well my walls will thank me.

Tomorrow I will finish up the laundry and start on the upstairs I need to tackle that filing cabinet. It will be ok. I will bring it downstairs to my bedroom and my sewing table and Ariel will officially have the whole third floor. I wanted to bring her bunk bed upstairs but I think with the low ceiling it wont be goo because she will never be able to sit up in it just basicaqlly lay down. I really want an office but I guess it will have to wait until we move. I would like to move into Katrina's new house that she has yet to close on. It still has the finished attic like this house but it has three bedrooms on the second floor. One of those can be my office/sewing room.

Pizza for dinner tonight. Quick and easy not to mention yummy. Tomorrow I will cook I promise. I have to go food shopping tomorrow. Let's see if Iyishia can take me shopping. She is sick so maybe she won't be up to it.

Well wheel of fortune time. I can't believe I am actually gonna watch this at home! But Bonz is a repeat and there is nothing else of any value on tv. There is NCIS but I'm not really into that show. Well I will go watch this and sign off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment