Friday, February 12, 2010

End of the week....

Well it's been a nice week. I got to spend some quality time with Ariel. We had Wednesday and Thursday snow days and then today was a half day of school. Ariel's party at her school was a fabulous success. Mrs. Butz asked me where I came up with the love letters and when I told her I made them up so was like shocked. It didn't take much just a little thought. Jeff helped me with the boy ones and I did the princesses. We had more than enough food. Holy crap these kids cleaned up. They had enough candy to keep them high for a few days. And we were worried about not having enough. BAH! These kids went home with SHOPPING BAGS full of stuff. Like gift bags size!

When we got home Ariel spent more time outside in the snow. She is constantly complaining that no one wants to play with her. I can't help it if she is an only child. Even if I had a baby today that would not change her boredom. It would probably just make things worse since I would have less time to spend with her. I always wanted more children but it just didn't work out that way. I have pretty much given up on men and on more children.

I will have to have a man fall out of the sky and into my lap with a love letter and bible reference from God to have anything to do with men anytime soon. I had high hopes for John. Yes, I know I said I was over it but I am not. I just don't think that I am so unapproachable or hard to talk to that someone can't talk to me. I know cancer is a pretty heavy topic but I would think one would want to have a shoulder or an ear to listen. I listened for the first 2 weeks we were together almost every conversation his cancer showed up. I knew it was a big part of who he was and that the wounds were fresh. There was always the possibility of the cancer returning. Yes I am still not over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment